Great info source www.antalyacentral.com
As the new Residence Permit Application system has started to be used there are many questions and queries that are coming up, much information is missing from the official website or has been removed.
A team from the head office of the DGMM in Ankara has been holding meetings in some towns in the South West but these seem to be just explanations of the new application procedure rather than a Q&A session and there have been many questions to the representatives that remain unanswered.
I am sure the system will be more efficient when it has "settled in", when people dont have to wait 8 weeks for appointment dates and when the definitive list of documents required have been published but until then there are some major and worrying gaps in the regulations that need explanations.
I will try my best to find the answers but will keep a list here of the questions, graded intocritical (red), important (yellow) and not-pressing (blue) and answered (green).
I will try to get these questions answered by relevant officials and update this page as and when, there are many rumours around but its best to get results from people who have actually been through the process or officials of high enough rank to have the correct information.
If you have a question not on the list or you have successfully solved or had any answered then please comment at the end of the article, I will add any questions to the list and try to get them answered :-
- When applying for a FIRST APPLICATION type of permit you are not given a 90 Day Temporary permit, allowing 15 days travel outside Turkey during application processing, until the appointment date. With long waits for appointments, what happens if you need to leave the country between the expiration of the RP and the appointment date?
- When you do receive the 90 Day temporary permit papers if you stay outside turkey for more than the allowed 15 Days under these papers is your RP application cancelled?
- The law states that as of 01.01.2015 first time Residence Permit applications had to made from your home country via the Turkish Embassy, the 120 Day rule would take effect and that Work permit applications had to be made from your home country. The work permit law is actually being enforced currently and the 120 Day rule law is vague and unclear as to whether it is being enforced or not, how do we know when the other laws will be enforced, is there official extensions or will we find out when the first person is fined or banned?
- Is the 120 Day Rule currently being applied to the old style Blue Book holders on the DGMM system? It seems the Polis and Ports of entry are letting people in on technically cancelled permits but does the DGMM system record and punish the 120 + days out of Turkey so when you come to renew a permit you could find yourself with a permit that was cancelled on the DGMM system perhaps months or even years ago without your knowledge as you were allowed in fine at the port of entry.
- Is the 120 Day Rule currently being applied to holders of the new style Short Term Residence Permit from April 2014?
- What are the requirements needed to meet and prove an acceptable income for Long Term Residence Permit requirements? If you have no pension what income or capital is deemed acceptable? there are multiple sources that state some applicants have been advised to hold 100,000TL capital to apply although a monetary figure is not mentioned anywhere in official documents.
- If your application for a Family Residence Permit (FRP) or a Long Term Residence Permit (LTRP) is refused for any reason can you re-apply for a Short Term Residence Permit and if so will the permit be back-dated to the date of the original refused application?
- If your application is refused will the reasons for refusal be given thereby giving the applicant opportunity to rectify any mistake or missing information?
- What are the procedures now for changing the details on your residence permit, change of address, marital status, lost permit etc?
- If you have made a mistake on your online application can it be changed and if so, how?
- Do you need to send your passport with supporting documents for Residence Permit renewal?
- ANSWER - No, this has been confirmed from multiple sources at the DGMM as well as reports from applicants. Just a colour copy of the passport photo page is sufficient.